Monday, April 30, 2012

Frustrations

Working on the belief statement video was very frustrating.  At first I had no idea what I was doing or how I was even going to do it.  I wrote the paper, that was the easy part.  Now putting in on video was so much harder.  I had my mom email pictures of me around the time I was in first grade since that was what my paper was about. Now I had to decide what i was going to do with those so I didn't have to video tape myself (which is just as awkward).  So during class I decided that I would at least record myself on Garage Band and figure out all the rest later, little did I know how frustrated I would get.  I emailed myself the finished project of reading my paper.  It opened on Itunes and I was relieved.  I figured out that my computer has Windows Movie Maker so I would add all my pictures to that and use my recording to work with.  I got my recording up but then my pictures didn't work.  Since my mom had scanned them on to the computer, the pictures would open using something that the computer wasn't used to.  So I was in a panic.  I got really upset cause I knew I had a time limit to finish this.  I texted my mom and she knew what to do.  So she resent the pictures, and they opened in the Movie Maker program.  The hardest part was over.  I had to pick the pictures I wanted and the length I wanted each picture to be on the screen to match the story.   I added some songs from Google.com to the file because some just didn't fit the recording.  So I got all of them matched up and saved the file.  It was so nice to be done and all that I had to do was put it on the internet.  I took my flash drive to class and it wouldn't work on those computers so I started to panic again, "all that hard work, down the drain!" I thought to myself.  Well I could have said it out loud.  So I took it back to my room and worked on it there, everything was still on my flash drive.  I uploaded the video to YouTube.com and then listened to the video and I realized that the timing on the video was off, so I had to go back and re-edit what I had already done.  But when I was done with all of that, I re-posted the video and listened to it again and everything was okay.  The most frustrating part was just figuring out what I was going to do and how I was going to do it.  But once I sat down and got everything together, it wasn't too hard.  I could use this tool in my future classroom for something like open house, to show the parents what their kids are doing except for just telling them.  People sometimes need a visual and I think that is a cool way to do that, since its something that they love to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment