Thursday, February 16, 2012

My First Lesson Plan


       The assignment was to create a lesson plan for the grade you would teach.  So I chose math for first graders.  When I started out I had no idea what I was doing.  I asked about a million and one questions.  I really just couldn't wrap my head around it.
      By the end of the workshop that we had in class, I didn't get very far at all. I had some slides done that were just plain and it wasn't very flashy that would attract the attention of the first graders.   Then Mr. Smith put the idea in my head to do a cartoon, "Spongebob Squarepants" theme.  So I did.  I re-started and made up stories and brought up pictures.  It took a lot of time to do.  But I realized that it was easier than I made it out to be.
      I was really nervous about presenting the projects to everyone.  But when we were put into our small groups with people that were in the age groups that we want to teach was a lot easier.  Everyone had good presentations so I wasn't as nervous anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment